Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lazy man's yoga

I'm a few days into my spring break trip and waiting for everyone to arrive so we can go on a lake tour and check out some floating villages. In the meantime, I feel compelled to share my new favorite things to waste money on... thankfully not too much money.

Thai massage... or what I like to call, "lazy man's yoga" (although I can't be sure I'm copying that tagline from someone else)

It costs about $7 an hour and once it's all done, my joints feel looser and I swear I've had an intense stretching workout. As far as comfort is concerned, you remain fully clothed... so no awkward almost-naked moments with the therapist. However, the downside is that because of the no nakedness you and twenty of your closest friends may be getting a massage at once in full view of each other... and yes, that's a little weird.

The therapist pulls and pushes your body in all sorts of seemingly peculiar ways and there are times when you hear some unnerving pops... mostly from my back... but then again, I do have a tense back (so I've been told). But the glory is that you have do to nothing except roll ever so often or sit up now and then. So, all things considered, for someone who is pretty inept when it comes to real yoga, I'll happily take this fake yoga anyday.

No comments: