Wednesday, March 19, 2008

News flash: Lucy Liu is not really Asian!!

I know I devote far too much blog space to discussions on the tiny sizes of Asians but I'm sorry, I cannot help it...

My mother arrived a few days ago and I was certain that given her general tininess she would have no issues trying to buy clothing here in Singapore. Alas, I was wrong!

My mother, whose "fat pants" are Gap size 2 regular, barely fit into a size large traditional Chinese dress. Apparently, her hips are too broad. Ummm... I think that makes me something on the order of quadruple XL, good God!

Anyway, this all brings me to one (albeit, very illogical) conclusion... Lucy Liu cannot possibly be Asian, she's got too much ass.

2 comments:

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

HAHAHA, I always have the toughest time buying clothes in Korea. They make me go to special stores that sell "American" sizes...you would think I was going to a plus-sized store or something!!!

ACSM Personal Trainer said...

Hi Roxanne

I stumbled upon your blog randomly while I was looking for a lady named Ruqxana who teached cooking classes here in Singapore. How do you support yourselves for so much time around Asia? I'd love to ask you about living in Malaysia of whether you have done culinary stuff here in Singapore. My blog is elementspice.blogspot.com. Take care.

-Robert
robert.lee@aya.yale.edu