Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday wishlist

Recently, I have received subtle and not-so-subtle questions regarding what I would like for Christmas seeing that I will be traveling abroad for the next five months or so. Because I usually come up blank when I am asked and then feel a little weird rattling off a long list of possibilities, I figured this would be an appropriate entry for my blog. Then people can do with it what they like. (Also, the linked sites are only suggestions.) Sweet!

(1) Digital Camera... I'm hoping my mom gets this for me
Preferred specs include:
- greater than 8MP
- slim/compact design
- greater than 2" display
- Sony or Canon

(2) iPod battery extender compatible with 30GB video iPod
See example at: iLuv

(3) Travel organizer/passport & ticket holder
See example at: Red Envelope

(4) Jewelry roll
See example at: eBags

(5) Hanging toiletry bag
See example at: Vera Bradley

(6) Packable duffel & backpack
See example at: Brookstone

(7) Luggage locks
See example at: Kaehler World Traveler

(8) Phrasebooks for Southeast Asian countries
Primary languages of interest include
- Mandarin
- Malay
- Thai
- Khmer
- Vietnamese
- Lao

(9) Regional Travel Guidebooks
- Frommer's Southeast Asia, See: Barnes & Noble
- Frommer's Singapore & Malaysia, See: Barnes & Noble
- Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a shoestring, See: Barnes & Noble
- Time Out Singapore, See: Barnes & Noble
- Rough Guide Directions: Singapore, See: Barnes & Noble
- Rough Guide Directions: Hong Kong, See: Barnes & Noble
- Footprint Borneo, See: Barnes & Noble
- Lonely Planet Laos, See: Barnes & Noble
- Fodor's See It Vietnam, See: Barnes & Noble

(10) Travel blanket & socks... but I think my brother may be getting these for me
See Blanket example at: Amazon
See socks example at: Brookstone

(11) Noise-canceling headphones... I'm considering purchasing these for myself
See example at: Sharper Image

No comments: